Snickers Cookies

So I had all these mini Snickers bar candies leftover from Halloween and I thought...COOKIES!

click pic for close-up

Here's the original recipe I used. Modifications: I decreased amounts by 2/3, substituted more brown sugar for white (since that's all I had), left out vanilla (didn't have any) and rather than coat each candy piece with the cookie dough (too tedious) I plopped a candy on the top of each lump of dough just prior to baking.


2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 Snickers miniature candy bars, unwrapped


1 In large bowl, combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs.
2 Beat well.
3 Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4 Mix well.
5 Shape about 1/4 cup of dough smoothly around candy bar making sure bar is completely covered.
6 Place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
7 Bake at 375°F for 13-14 minutes or until light golden brown and puffy.
8 Cool 10 minutes and remove from cookie sheets.
9 Makes 20 HUGE cookies.

Comments