Grilled Steak and Summer Veggies

Perfect BBQ grill dinner to celebrate the near end of summer.

click pic for close-up

My version pictured above isn't actually grilled, since I don't have a grill and my apartment complex rules prohibit the use of one anyway; it's pan-seared (newfangled way of saying "fried"). It was great this way but grilled may be better. Try both ways, what the heck!

Ingredients:

4 oz New York Strip steak
1 tbsp. butter
Zatarain's seasoning
a few slices yellow onion, sauteed
1 green onion, chopped
1 zucchini, halved if grilled, rough chop if "pan-seared"
1 yellow squash, prep like the zucchini
1/2 cup grape tomatoes - can't really grill these, eh. Maybe steam in foil on the warm edge of the coals?

If grilling:

Grill ingredients

If frying:

Fry them.

I mean, c'mon guys, I don't have to walk you through every step, right?

Enjoy, and say good bye to summer.

(Except here in Florida where it lasts another 2 months, holla!)

Comments